Terms and Conditions
This document lays out Launchpad Publishing’s terms and conditions, including terms and conditions for competitions.
We may change our terms and conditions from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
1. Who are we?Launchpad Publishing Ltd is the publisher of Whizz Pop Bang magazine, a science magazine for children aged 6 to 12. Our company is registered in England and Wales under registered number 09547378, and the registered office is at Unit 7, Global Business Park, 14 Wilkinson Road, Cirencester GL7 1YZ.
At our head office in Cirencester we have a core team of editors, illustrators and designers, which is supported by a number of freelance writers and experts contributing to each magazine. Our customer services team is also located at our head office, ready to deal with enquiries regarding subscriptions and orders. We also have an in-house marketing team, which deals with all social media, competitions and online enquiries.
2. SubscriptionsThe purchasing process, data management and fulfilment will be managed by Launchpad Publishing Ltd and our third party providers.
If the magazine changes frequency per annum, we will honour the number of issues paid for, not the term of the subscription.
We reserve the right not to fulfil and to cancel orders in the following cases:
- In the event of obvious inaccuracies in prices, except that we may fulfil your order at the correct price with your agreement;
- If we are unable to obtain payment authorisation from the issuer of your payment card;
- Persistent non-delivery of magazines due to incorrect address.
3. Shop ordersWe will make every effort to process and despatch all non-subscription shop orders within three working days. However, this may vary according to availability and any representations made as to delivery times are limited to mainland UK and subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure for which we will not be responsible. If you have any queries regarding shop orders please email our customer service team.
4. DeliveryThe majority of our deliveries are managed by a mailing and fulfilment house, which will send the magazines to the address you provide to us when you place your order. Subscriptions will start with the next available issue, please allow up to six weeks for delivery (eight weeks for overseas).
We will not be liable to you for any delay in delivery or non-delivery of magazines in the following circumstances:
- If you have supplied us with an incorrect address. We reserve the right not to refund you or any other person if we do not receive correct address details;
- Where the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment;
- Where such delay or failure is due to circumstances beyond our control or the control of our sub-contractors and agents, including but not restricted to war, electricity power failure, utilities failure, failure of telecommunications links, failure of transport infrastructure, fire, flood, government act, legislative constraints, strikes, labour disputes or malicious damage involving employees.
Our liability to you in the event of magazines being lost in despatch shall be at our discretion, be limited either to replacement of the missing issues or refund of the cost of the missing issues, to the extent permitted by law we exclude all other liability to you. These terms and conditions do not and shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
5. PaymentPrices displayed on the subscriptions section of the website will prevail at all times in relation to orders placed online. Prices quoted on screen include delivery charges and taxes (where applicable).
Please note that all credit card payments and refunds will be issued in sterling. For overseas customers, your credit card company will convert the sterling amount into your local currency and may charge an additional fee for completing the transaction. From September 2018 there may be the option to pay in other currencies.
We reserve the right to increase our prices at any time and will notify you by email in advance if this is going to affect your subscription.
Although we try to ensure that all prices are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of your order, we will inform you as soon as possible. You will have the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it, in which case we will refund you in full. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled.
If you are under 18 or are not using your own credit/debit card to pay for the subscription, you must ask the permission of the credit/debit card holder before entering the payment details. By clicking "Place Order" or “Submit” you are confirming that you have obtained the express prior permission of the credit/debit card holder.
6. Cancellations and refundsWe offer two types of subscriptions; one-off gift subscriptions and recurring subscriptions. Our standard subscriptions are auto-renewing, which means that your chosen payment method will be debited every one, six or twelve months, depending on the term that you signed up to. Subscribers ordering online will be sent an email confirmation once their payment has been processed. Payment date will be confirmed by email. Reminder emails for all subscriptions (other than month-to-month payment plans) are sent out prior to the renewal date. If you cancel your subscription before the end of your term you will continue to receive the magazines that you have paid for but will not be charged again.
Refunds will be issued at our discretion.
7. ReturnsShould you decide to return any purchased items, you must do so within 30 business days of receipt of the goods. We will not be responsible for return postage costs. Provided that the goods are returned to us in resalable condition we will issue a refund for the amount paid for the item only.
We recommend that you obtain proof of postage and proof of delivery, as we cannot be held responsible for goods being lost or damaged before they reach us.
Please include a written note with as much of the following information as possible: your name, address, email address, order number and reason for return. This enables us to identify the transaction, speeds up the process and prevents fraudulent returns.
Generally we cannot guarantee replacements for international orders, however if for any reason you are not satisfied because they are mis-described or damaged please contact us within seven days of receipt of your order at [email protected] and we will review these on a case by case basis.
8. General liabilityAll experiments are tried and tested by our team, however we cannot be held liable for any damage or accidents that occur whilst carrying out the experiments in the magazine. Close adult supervision is advised at all times.
9. CompetitionsBy entering a competition in Whizz Pop Bang magazine, on our website or via our social media channels, you agree to the following:
- Our competitions are only open to UK residents. Persons aged 17 and under must have a parent or guardian’s permission to enter.
- All intellectual property rights in your entry will remain with you. However, we retain the non-exclusive right to publish the winning entry or entries.
- If your entry is selected, you will not receive remuneration in exchange for allowing us to use your entry or related artwork/ideas in future marketing material, books, merchandise, promotional material, or any form of media.
- You consent for your full name and your entry to be printed in Whizz Pop Bang magazine and used on our social media platforms.
- Entries submitted by post will not be returned.
- The winning entries will be selected by the Whizz Pop Bang team unless otherwise stated.
- To be eligible for a prize, entries must be received by 11:59pm on the published deadline.
All prizes are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
It will be our sole decision as to whether any eligibility requirement has or has not been met and we may require evidence or confirmation from entrants before awarding prizes.
The competition is open to all residents in the UK, except:
a) employees of Launchpad Publishing Ltd; employees of agents or suppliers of Launchpad Publishing Ltd, who are professionally
b) connected with the competition or its administration;
c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
We will not accept competition entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
There is a limit of one entry per person.
9.1 Unclaimed prizesAll prizes must be claimed within 21 days of our notification of winning or as otherwise stated in any specific terms. We reserve the right to award prizes unclaimed after this period to alternative prize winners or not to award them at all.
If you do not provide us with correct and accurate up-to-date contact details, we will be unable to contact you and you may as a result forfeit your prize.
By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by us or our agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
9.3 Photos and videosShould any competition require entrants to submit a photograph or video clip (collectively, “Photograph”):
- Entrants warrant that they are the person in the photograph or have prior approval from the person in the photograph that it may be submitted as part of their entry;
- Entrants agree that we have the right to publish and communicate to the public the photographs in any media (including but not limited to online) at all times without restriction or limitation throughout the world;
- Entrants acknowledge that we may edit the photographs in our sole discretion;
- Entrants agree that we have the right to use the entrants’ full names and ages in conjunction with the photographs;
- Entrants agree not to bring against us any actions, suits, claims or demands in any respect of defamation or any infringement or violation of any personal and/or property rights of any sort from our use of their photographs;
- Entrants aged under 18 shall have obtained the consent of a parent or a guardian (and will provide us with the contact details we need if we wish to verify this).
9.4 Tampering and other mattersIf for any reason any competition is not capable of running as planned as a result of any (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, tampering, fraud or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a competition, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition and/or any draw/s or judging related to the competition and/or to disqualify any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes the problem.
9.5 Termination of competitionWe may vary the terms of, or terminate, a competition at any time at our discretion without liability to any contestant or other person. We will not award any prize if the competition is terminated.
9.6 Decisions finalAll decisions relating to any competition and/or redemption of the prizes are final. No discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into. Tiebreakers, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns will be managed by us and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator. Where a competition involves voting, the accuracy of the pooled results received and published by us will be deemed to be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. CopyrightThis website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the written content, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and illustrations. Reproduction is prohibited without our expressed permission and in accordance with the copyright notice.
11. Errors, inaccuracies and omissionsOccasionally there may be information on our site, in the magazine or on our social media channels that contain typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, coupon codes, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
12. User comments, feedback and other submissionsIf you send certain specific submissions (for example competition entries) or you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, ‘comments’), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove comments that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libellous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violate any party’s intellectual property or these terms and conditions.
You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary rights. You further agree that your comments will not contain libellous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the service or any related website. You may not use a false email address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third party.
14. GeneralThese terms and conditions are subject to change and are governed by English law. You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts notwithstanding the jurisdiction where you are based. These terms and conditions override any contrary terms or conditions published by us in relation to any order placed by you with us.
QueriesIf you have any queries or comments about your subscription please contact us.
Telephone: 0330 2233 790