New Whizz Pop Bang teaching resources for schools
One of the key aims for Whizz Pop Bang is to help as many children as possible to enjoy the awesome world of science. So we’ve created a growing library of top-quality downloadable Whizz Pop Bang lesson plans and reading resources for schools to make science fun and engaging for children and teachers alike.
What are the resources for schools?
Our Whizz Pop Bang school resources have been written by primary teachers in conjunction with science experts and they all link to the national curriculum…
- Differentiated lesson plans
- Simple hands-on investigations using household items
- Interactive PowerPoint presentations to guide the lessons
- Guiding reading texts and comprehension questions*
- Science games
* Science texts and comprehensions, written by teachers, link to the English reading curriculum. They include How Stuff Works, interviews with real scientists and stories of sensational scientists from the past.
Subscriptions to the resources are for the whole school, with as many teacher log-ins as required.
How much does it cost?
We know budgets are tighter than ever, so we’re offering schools a 50% discount on the resources until 31st December 2018. Whole-school access to the downloadable resources, along with 4 magazines in the post each month costs just £225 for the whole year with unlimited teacher logins. For an average-sized school of 300 children, that’s just 75p per pupil per year.
To calculate the price per pupil for your school, use our online pricing tool at whizzpopbang.com/schools (prices exclude VAT).
Top five reasons for schools to subscribe to Whizz Pop Bang:
- Accessible content for classrooms, libraries, Science Week and STEM clubs
- Written by expert teachers and science writers
- Linked to the science and reading curricula
- Bursting with rich practical science experiments that are simple and cheap to do
- Gives teachers the confidence to deliver accurate science lessons
2 thoughts on “Whizz Pop Bang science and reading resources for schools”
Rachael Tapping says:
Here’s a taster of the kind of things you can expect from Whizz Pop Bang resources for science lessons, guided reading, comprehensions, STEM club, eco club or wet play! All resources are downloadable, and once your school has subscribed you can have unlimited teacher logins.
HOW STUFF WORKS: Candy floss machine (with reading comp Q&A sheets)
INSPIRATIONAL INVENTIONS: London’s sewage system (with reading comp Q&A sheets)
SENSATIONAL SCIENTISTS: Marie Curie, Leonardo Da Vinci (with reading comp Q&A sheets)
Skeleton pack: Make a bendy back bone, Make a ball and socket joint
Electric art: make a circuit using salt dough and play the circuit game
Animal antics: Crabs, Harvest Mice, Axolotl (with reading comp Q&A sheets)
Debates to get the kids really engaged – would you turn your deceased cat into a drone?! Yes someone really did that as a way of remembering their beloved cat!
We have over 100 resources to download (with more being added every month) and 44 issues of our awesome magazine, all ready to transform science teaching in your school! Please do get in touch if you have any questions, hello at whizzpopbang dot com.
Here’s the link to subscribe and find out more: https://www.whizzpopbang.com/schools
Rachael and the WPB team
Sarah carling says:
Hi I am hoping to become science coordinator at my Primary school. How can your excellent resources help enliven our teaching??