How lucky are we to get not one, but two interviews with ESA astronaut Tim Peake!!!!! Our editor Tammy chatted to Tim on the phone, asking him lots of probing questions from curious Whizz Pop Bang readers (see the list of questions below).
Listen to the full interview, complete with NASA footage and photos here 👇🏾
The questions Whizz Pop Bang readers asked Tim:
- What did it feel like taking off in a rocket?
- Do your ears pop during take-off like they do on a plane?
- How long does it take to get into space?
- How long does it take to actually get to the space station?
- Do you have to stay put in the capsule for the whole journey? And what happens if you need the loo?
- What does it feel like to be weightless?
- What’s it like seeing Earth from space?
- Does seeing Earth make you feel differently about the fragility of the environment?
- What was your scariest moment in space?
- Is it cold on a spacewalk?
- Why does the Soyuz craft look so black and battered now?
- Did it hurt when you landed?
- What was it like coming back to Earth?
- What do you miss most when you’re in space?
- Where would you most like to travel to in space?
- Do you think flights to Mars will ever happen?
- Do you think we will ever find extra-terrestrial life?
- What advice do you have for budding space scientists?
Photo and video credits Tim Peake, NASA, ESA, Victor Zelentsov and Scott Kelly.